“I believe faith is a journey.” “I believe God has a sense of humor.” “I believe we can learn a lot from children.” “I believe God loves us equally regardless of race or sexual orientation & calls us to do the same.” “I believe we have an obligation to leave the world better than we found it.” “I believe Jesus has the power to change lives.” “I believe that in the end, love is what matters.”
~ words from the people of SOTH
SOTH’s Youth fellowship is a warm and welcoming community for youth 6th -12th grade. Join us for Youth Group gatherings, youth Sunday School, Confirmation, mission opportunities and fun. Everyone is welcome!
Shepherd of the Hills Preschool
The Rancho Santa Margarita campus of this preschool offers 2, 3, & 5 day a week learning and care. The staff are dedicated Christians who have been hired on the basis of education, experience and maturity. We are proud of the high degree of professionalism our staff exhibits. We are fully committed to you and your child and are excited to be part of your child’s growth and development.
Friends In Faith
Made up of young families, we meet weekly for dinner and fellowship. Together we learn, share leadership and make a difference in our church and world. A warm and welcoming community, this group is always open to new people (single and married) and children are always welcome! Come join in!
Children have a special place at SOTH. From excellent nursery care, weekly quality Sunday School and family friendly gatherings, we welcome children to Shepherd of the Hills.
Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church
Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors
Welcome to Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church, a multi-site church located in Rancho Santa Margarita and Mission Viejo, California. A community of all ages, we celebrate, worship, learn and serve together. As part of the United Methodist Church, we have more than 11.4 million members worldwide.
With the advent of July 1, 2012, Shepherd of the Hills is a church at two locations! Our new multi-site church is now established and ready to move forward to fulfill our mission “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” That is what this is all about - being effective in reaching our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Check out our Grace Disciplines to learn how we live out our faith.
If you are new, welcome! Please check out our First Time Visitor, Preschool and Youth Group information. Join us Sunday for worship at 9:30 AM (relaxed traditional) and 11 AM (new music, band). You can also view a short video of Campus Scenes and Activities to learn a little more about the goings on.
Our diversity is our strength and our welcome is universal.
No matter who you are or where you have been, you are welcome at Shepherd of the Hills!
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
On Sunday we continue our series on "Making All Things New," looking at Colossians 2:1-15. How does God make things new and for what purpose? This week join us as we talk about what newness and living out of fulfillment look like.
Church Wide News & Events
Pastor Craig’s Final Sunday at Shepherd of the Hills: Pastor Craig will celebrate his final Sunday at Shepherd of the Hills on June 16th. There will be one worship service at each campus that morning. • Rancho Santa Margarita Campus – 9:00 a.m. Worship, Pastor Craig Preaching • Mission Viejo Campus – 10:30 a.m. Worship, Pastor Craig Preaching Following worship at the Mission Viejo Campus, there will be a celebration luncheon of Mexican street tacos! After lunch, a gathering will be held in the sanctuary at Mission Viejo.
- Pastoral News: The Rev. Karl Stuckenberg to Be Appointed as the New Lead Pastor at Shepherd of the Hills...
- 'Celebrate Recovery': Launched April 10th at 6:30 pm at the MV Campus (part of "Connect"). The weekly gathering will serve as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.