Fellowship, Inspiration and Service
About Our Group
The SMUMC Men's Group meets on alternating Saturdays for fellowship, inspiration, and planning of service projects. Our primary purpose is to acknowledge the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all our relationships.
Our bi-weekly meetings allow us the opportunity to share a meal while being blessed with programs that inspire, move, and enlighten us.
Our major goals are:
- to encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of the United Methodist Church.
- to engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel.
- to clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
- to seek commitment to discipleship.
- to study and become familiar with the United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs.
- to cooperate with all units of United Methodist men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference and church wide goals.
We usually watch a video and a member will lead the post-video discussion. We rotate this responsibility from meeting to meeting. Another member will provide breakfast and we also rotate that from meeting to meeting.
When: Alternate Saturday's from 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Where: At the Church
How To Join
You do not need to be a member of SMUMC to attend. If you are interested in learning more about our SMUMC Men’s Group, or would like your name added to our email database, please contact Tom Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
We continue with the series on the genealogy of Jesus, entitled "Jesus' Family Tree". The gospel of Matthew opens with a long list of people who are part of the lineage of Jesus.The list includes the ordinary, the extraordinary, the sinner, and the Saint. Why did Matthew include the people he included in the list and not just the heroes and somebodies? Come find out and worship with us!
Church Wide News & Events
'Round the Table Carol Sing: Sunday, December 8, 5:30 - 7:00 pm, RSM Campus. Light dinner of soup and bread, followed by singing your favorite Christmas carols, a visit from Santa, and homemade Christmas cookies!
Advent Prayer Night - Wednesdaysat 6:30 pm during Connect at the Mission Viejo Campus: Music and a variety of ways to experience prayer. We will gather to experience the Holy Spirit and be filled with strength, love and endurance during the busiest time of the year.
- 'Celebrate Recovery': This weekly gathering serves as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.