Because Each Child is a Unique Gift from God
About Our Program
This preschool, a mission of the United Methodist Church, offers a 3 day a week learning and care. The staff are dedicated Christians who have been hired on the basis of education, experience and maturity. We are proud of the high degree of professionalism our staff exhibits. Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Preschool is fully committed to you and your child and is excited to be part of your child’s growth and development.
For more information, please contact the Director, Cindie Reilly, at (949) 709-5219 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becci Lukes - Executive Director
Becci has been a part of the Shepherd of the Hills renowned preschool for 27 years. The first 12 years she enjoyed teaching different programs, and then became director. She is a hands on administrator enjoying the many facets of this program. Under her leadership the school became accredited with NAEYC which is the highest ranking a preschool can achieve in our country. Now, in addition to this accomplishment, the school is part of the “First 5 Years” programs of California which works with distinguished schools promoting quality education for the young child. Becci has been happily married for 37 years, and has two grown, married daughters. Becci enjoys running around the lake and camping with her husband, Jim, and their two dachshunds, Eleanor and Mildred.
Cindie Reilly - Site Director
Cindie is in her 22nd year working in Early Childhood Education, her 12th year at Shepherd of the Hills. She holds an A.A. in Early Childhood Education along with her Early Childhood Education Certificate, both from Saddleback Community College. She's celebrated 35 years of marriage to her husband, Bob. They are empty-nesters but share their home with two 4-legged "children" (dachshunds, Ruby & Harley) along with several koi. Their 26 year-old son, Shaun, also has a dachshund named Charlie. Cindie's hobbies include genealogy research, reading and scrapbooking.
- Preschool Program for children ages 2½ - 5
- Choice of 3 or 2 day programs:
- For 3 & 4 year olds, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Transitional Kindergarten M/W/F from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lunch Bunch is offered on these days from 12:00 - 1:00 pm.
- Developmental Program
- Handwriting Without Tears Program
- Loving Christian Environment
- Hands-on Learning
- Dedicated, Experienced Staff
- Family Activities
- Low Student to Adult Ratio
- Curriculum addresses children's sensory, motor and communication development.
Registration / Admission Forms and Brochures
Complete Registration Packets can be obtained by contacting the Preschool office.
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
Jesus was one of the best story tellers to ever share a tale. We call them parables, but regardless of the terms we use, these stories teach us the truth of who God is and who he wants us to be. This week, we continue our series, "Tell Me a Story," looking at the Parables of Jesus. Come worship with us!
Church Wide News & Events
- 'Trunk or Treat and Chili Cookoff': This Sunday, October 27th from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m at our RSM campus. Join us for a late afternoon of games, crafts, pots and pots of great chili, and of course, Trick or Treating! $5 per family.
- 'Celebrate Recovery': This weekly gathering serves as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.