Integrating Art, Video and Photography
Multimedia is a huge part of our identity at SOTH. We have a dedicated group of staff and volunteers that brings new insight and creativity in this growing church. Our purpose is not to make a "production" out of Sunday worship but to provide a rich worship experience that opens a new window to our understanding of God.
The Multimedia team at Shepherd of the Hills, headed by Doug Nason, seeks to enhance worship through the visual and aural senses. We go beyond the ordinary use of song lyrics and Bible verse on screen by integrating art, video, photography, and other media into all aspects of our worship services. Our hope is to reach the people in the pews in ways that the spoken word cannot and develop the skills and talents of our many volunteers in this vital ministry.
Our Team of Volunteers
We have several teams working together to make our Multimedia Ministry successful. Our Video Team records one service per week and distributes the weekly sermon on DVD, VHS, and streaming video on the web. Our "tech booth" crew runs audio for the band, choir, and worship leaders while running the slides and videos on the screens. Others in the group produce videos for use in worship, and a graphic artist produces weekly sermon graphics for use on screen and printed materials. We are always looking for more people to help in all areas.
Examples of Different Media Used
We've provided some samples of what we do here at SOTH for you to explore.
Multimedia Ministry Discussion Forum
SOTH and its Multimedia Team have trained many local church leaders on how to effectively use multimedia in worship. We know that there are many "lone rangers" out there creating AV material from scratch. It is our hope that we can best serve each other by being in community with one another. So, if you're involved with church audio, video, or any other media and would like to share ideas, materials or resources, email Doug Nason. You'll be in touch with others in the area to get ideas, borrow equipment, or assist churches who are starting up their own Multimedia teams.
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
Jesus was one of the best story tellers to ever share a tale. We call them parables, but regardless of the terms we use, these stories teach us the truth of who God is and who he wants us to be. This week, we continue our series, "Tell Me a Story," looking at the Parables of Jesus. Come worship with us!
Church Wide News & Events
- 'Trunk or Treat and Chili Cookoff': This Sunday, October 27th from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m at our RSM campus. Join us for a late afternoon of games, crafts, pots and pots of great chili, and of course, Trick or Treating! $5 per family.
- 'Celebrate Recovery': This weekly gathering serves as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.