11 AM Worship
Our 11:00 a.m. service is a contemporary, modern worship. Philip Bardowell - our Modern Worship Leader, the band and candle tables are part of this lively worship. It is very relaxed with a positive, upbeat feel. Although both the 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. services have the same sermon, each offers a distinct and different type of music (more on the music of our 11:00 service, below).
Children are definitely welcome with age appropriate Sunday School classes offered. Youth remain in worship during this service and have the opportunity for Bible Study during the 9:30 a.m. service. A nursery is also available.
Once a month we have our Communion service. All are welcome to come forward to share in this very special meal in which we actively are reminded how much God loves us.
More information on our services can be found on our First Time Visitors page.
More About the Music -The SOTH - RSM Band
Our Band is a worship band, not a "praise band". Although many come to worship to praise God in song, others come to look, to question, and even to express anger and confusion with this God of Love. Praise is an important expression towards God, but worship encompasses all of the emotions that we bring before God.
Most of our music is participatory. Worship is not a spectator sport!! Our main purpose is to lead the congregation in singing, not just to perform some cool songs. It is our desire that the music we sing together connects the worshiping community to God in a unique way.
Select a song below to listen to our contemporary band:
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
Jesus was one of the best story tellers to ever share a tale. We call them parables, but regardless of the terms we use, these stories teach us the truth of who God is and who he wants us to be. This week, we continue our series, "Tell Me a Story," looking at the Parables of Jesus. Come worship with us!
Church Wide News & Events
- 'Trunk or Treat and Chili Cookoff': This Sunday, October 27th from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m at our RSM campus. Join us for a late afternoon of games, crafts, pots and pots of great chili, and of course, Trick or Treating! $5 per family.
- 'Celebrate Recovery': This weekly gathering serves as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.